CALIFORNIA PERSONNEL & APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE
This California Personnel & Applicant Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) applies to personnel, applicants, and independent contractors of One Home Brands, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Blueland (collectively, “Blueland”, “us”, “we”, “our”) that reside in the State of California. The term “personnel” includes employees and those that work on a non-permanent basis, such as temporary and contract workers, independent contractors, consultants, and interns. This Privacy Notice describes our practices in connection with the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information through your application process with Blueland, and if hired, the course of your tenure with Blueland.
(1) PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. We collect personal information from you directly, from third party sources, and automatically as you use our careers website or as an employee of Blueland.
Personal Information Collected From You as an Applicant
As an applicant, we collect the following personal information from you to assess your fit for the role for which you applied:
- Personal Identifiers. Name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and date of birth.
- Professional or Employment information. Resume/CV, certifications, qualifications, employment history, and educational history.
- Inferences. This includes any information drawn from any of the above categories to create a profile about an applicant reflecting the applicant’s characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Visual Information. This includes video of you captured by our CCTV footage during an on-site interview.
Personal Information Collected From You as an Employee
During the course of your tenure with Blueland, we collect personal information about you, as well as personal information related to your spouse or dependent(s), to manage and administer your relationship with Blueland. The personal information we collect includes:
- Personal Identifiers. Name, date of birth, email address, Social Security number, physical address, telephone number, passport number, and driver’s license number.
- Professional or Employment Information. Performance reviews, licenses, credentials, disciplinary records, grievances, employment history, educational history, and your resume/CV.
- Protected Classification Information. Race, age, national origin, sex, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, and any disabilities you may have.
- Customer Records Information. Financial account information, tax information, medical information, and health information. Health information includes Covid-19 vaccination status and COVID-19 test results, whether the employee is symptomatic or not and medical leave of absence start leave of absence start date (if applicable) and return to work date.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information. Time of entry to the office; login information, details of your use of your workstation, and details of communications sent through our system.
- Visual Information. Video of you captured by our CCTV footage.
- Inferences. Your self-assessments.
Personal Information Collected From Third Parties as an Applicant
As part of the application process, Blueland collects personal information from third parties as part of the candidate review process. The circumstances and personal information includes:
- When we receive a lead from a job recruiting website. As part of the recruiting process, we receive from the recruiter websites your recruiting website profile information such as identifiers (name, address, personal e-mail address, home and telephone address), and pre- employment or employment/professional information (resume/CV, your certifications, qualifications, work authorizations, employment history).
- When you provide references. When you provide contact information for your professional or personal references, we contact them and collect information about your work style, personality, and other data generated by interviewers with your references to determine your suitability for the role.
- If you provide us with personal information of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to us.
- When we verify your identity or application information. We collect protected classifications (veteran status, disability status) and criminal history from government entities to verify the information you provided on your application and help us determine your suitability for the role. If you are hired, we will use your information to manage the employment relationship with you as described in the Policy.
Personal Information Collected From Third Parties as an Employee
We collect certain information from service providers in order to assess your performance and facilitate our benefits program.
- Personal Identifiers. Beneficiary’s name and social security number.
Information Collected Automatically as an Applicant
Information Collected Automatically as an Employee
As an employee, we automatically collect internet or other electronic network activity. We use this information to prevent fraudulent use of the Blueland technology, to enable the use of the Blueland technology to function properly, to provide enhanced functionality, diagnose server errors, and in cases of abuse, mitigate and track the abuse.
(2) HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As an Applicant:
As an applicant, we use your personal information for a variety of purposes. These purposes include:
- To process, manage, and review your application.
- To recruit applicants for positions.
- To communicate with you about your application or to respond to any questions you may have.
- To conduct reference and background checks.
- To assess your suitability for the position for which you have applied.
- To monitor compliance with equal opportunities and non-discrimination policies, where permitted by applicable law.
- To assess your working capacity.
- To conduct pre-employment screening.
- To comply with the law and respond to legal processes, such as subpoenas, to pursue legal rights, defend litigation, or comply with requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
As an Employee:
We use the personal information of personnel for a variety of purposes. These purposes include:
- To handle general human resources administration.
- To manage your tenure.
- To administer salary and benefits.
- To pay and reimburse for expenses.
- To manage leave time.
- To conduct performance-related reviews.
- To monitor work-related licenses and credentials.
- To handle grievances, internal investigations, review tenure decisions, and dispense disciplinary action.
- To manage record-keeping obligations.
- To monitor our compliance with equal opportunity laws
- To comply with anti-discrimination laws and engage in government reporting.
- To evaluate you for internal opportunities.
- To conduct audits.
- To conduct IT security and management.
- To detect or prevent fraud or corruption.
- To comply with applicable law and respond to legal processes, such as subpoenas, to pursue legal rights, defend litigation, or comply with requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities
During your tenure with Blueland, we will also collect personal information related to your spouse and/or dependent(s) and will use this information in connection with your relationship, such as to administer benefits. To the extent Blueland uses personal information about your spouse and/or dependent(s), you should inform you spouse and/or dependent(s) that you are providing this information to use and why, and make sure that it is acceptable to them.
(3) HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
From time to time, Blueland needs to make the personal information identified in this Privacy Notice available within Blueland, with service providers, or with other third parties. These instances include:
Within Blueland. We share your personal information within our corporate family, for legitimate business purposes such as IT services/security, tax and accounting, and general business management.
With Service Providers. We will transfer your personal information to our service providers that assist us in managing and administering your tenure or application. These employee-related service providers include IT support, health insurance, payroll, expense processing, timekeeping, and benefits plans. These applicant-related service providers include applicant tracking service providers.
With Third Parties. We will share your personal information with third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations.
During a Corporate Reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we will share your personal information.
Sharing in the Preceding Twelve (12) Months
For Business Purposes. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Blueland has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- We have disclosed your personal identifiers, protected classifications, professional or employment related information, internet or other electronic network information, and your customer records information to service providers that help us perform employment-related functions. These service providers include IT support, payroll processors, expense processors, health insurance providers, and benefits providers.
- We have disclosed your personal identifiers and internet or other electronic network information to IT support to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to identify and repair errors that impair functionality.
- We have disclosed your personal identifiers and internet or other electronic network activity information to IT support to help us maintain the quality and safety of Blueland devices or to improve, upgrade, or enhance Blueland devices.
For Sale. Blueland does not sell your personal information.
(4) DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
(5) CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is subject to change at the sole discretion of Blueland. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted in Justworks and will indicate the date the changes go into effect. If we make any changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will announce those changes by email or via Justworks.
(6) CONTACT US
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.